Friday, October 3, 2008

Yay for the shuffle....(ipod that is; not my running technique..though I suppose it's close to that!)

Yesterday I had a great run. I headed out for 5 miles and for the first time in ages it felt good...right from the start. I didn't feel dead tired in the legs, and definitely still felt relatively fresh when I finished...not exhausted like I usually do. Truly I could have gone a lot further, but I'm trying to stick to my training plan and not over do the short runs.

My ipod definitely spiced things up. I did miss the solitude I've been enjoying lately, but it was also invigorating to have something to run too and not have to think! I haven't heard these songs since I broke my last Shuffle in May, so it was really cool to hear my favorites again and the miles whent by really fast. Well, in my head they went by fast, in actuality they went like this: 10:42, 10:10, 10:06, 10:02, 9:28. The last mile I thought I was going A LOT faster, but hey, it still felt good and I was really pumped about my races on Saturday. I had decided that my small goal would be to just beat my current fastest of 27:28, and my bigger goal is to be under 27 minutes. If I can do that, I think I'll have a chance to get to 25 minutes by 11/1 for the Crescent City Fall Classic and get a seeded position for the 10k spring Classic in April.

At least this was what I was thinking until the pinched nerve under my shoulder blade turned to raging pain when I woke up this morning. I am about to head to the doctor and hoping they can give me some serious meds because I can't even turn my head or look up....Grrr! And to think it had actually loosened up alot last night. What a bummer....

I still plan to be under 27 minutes, though....I'll keep you posted!

No comments: