Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Warning: contents may explode in your face

Today turned bad at about 10 pm last night :( That was when I was making corn chowder for a co-worker's birthday today and failed to heed Laura's wise advice regarding the blending of boiling soups. So yes, it exploded all over me and all over the kitchen. It was burning my hands and arms, and I rushed to get water and clean up the mess. Then, like an idiot, I figured it had had time to cool and DID IT AGAIN. So stupid. I finally got to bed by 11:30, only to be woken by my husband at 12:15 telling me he was home.

I hate this, and it's something we argue about all the time. DO NOT WAKE ME UP!! I am the world's lightest sleeper, and will never fall back asleep. I stared at the clock for basically forever, and finally took a sleeping pill at 4 am. I have to get up at 6:15, but the thought of going to work after never having been asleep was much more horrible than dragging all day. So I probably fell asleep at 4:30. My alarm went off, and my mind was all, "Hell no", so I somehow reset the alarm and woke up at 7:09. I am supposed to be at work at 7.

So I rush out the door in a haze...and there is FROST!! Did I mention that while I don't like the heat (for running anyway) I HATE the cold??? So I grab the evil corn chowder in the crockpot and put it on the passenger side floor. Where it promptly empties its contents onto the floor mat as I take a turn too sharp in a hopeless attempt to only be a HALF HOUR LATE. Ugh. Is it Friday yet?

7 comments:

No Longer Using said...

OMG time for a personal day. I'd jump in the shower and stay there for a solid 40 minutes and then re-emerge and go back to bed... can you take a day off?

Aron said...

oh man that sounds like a ROUGH evening/morning... hope things settle down and hope you can catch up on your sleep!

Lauren said...

At least you get to eat a birthday lunch! Hope y'all enjoy what's left of the chowder!

Tutu B. said...

That sounds just like one of my days...I am so sorry for you! Breathe in, breathe out....It can only get better from here!

PS. Way to go on your 11 miler! Impressed, someday I will be able to do the same!!!(hopefully!)

atrusni said...

lol!!!

The same happened to me this week, I feel asleep at 11:30 PM. Woke up because there was a cricket singing outside at 1:00 am.

Fell asleep at 4:00 am, and woke up at 6:30 am!!

It felt horrible!!!!, and really, I have no remedy to that, I still have not found a way on how to get back to sleep!!

http://web.me.com/amaurydeleon/Run/Run/Run.html

Denise said...

That sucks! You should have stayed in bed!! :-)

Runner Leana said...

Ouch, I hope you are okay!

Good luck on your 5K!