Friday, October 10, 2008

Tagged!


I was tagged by Leana. I have to write six random things about myself and tag ten other people. Hmm....Let's see....


1) I am a very caring, compassionate, and empathetic person. I can't watch many commercials (especially anything from Visa, Cotton (the fabric of our lives), or the Humane Society), romantic movies, or anything on Animal Planet without getting upset. My mom says when I was only like three or four I used to cry when we passed the nursing home, and ask why no one took care of the elderly people.


2) I love schedules, day planning, to-do lists....as a child I used to get more excited about school supplies than new clothes. I loved getting a new calendar or planner and writing down all the things I have to get done each day, checking them off one by one. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something. I think this can only help me in marathon training; I will do what the schedule says each day, because I have to...it's in writing and I need to check it off!


3) I pride myself on super efficiency, and I can't stand watching someone do things the long way. Most of the time I probably seem lazy, but really it's only that I've done what everyone else had to do (be it a class, work, chores) but a lot faster. :) I am an excellent multi-tasker, a skill my husband completely lacks, to my dismay.


4) I am very OCD about some things. I could be ten miles from home and I will turn around convinced the curling iron is on, when in fact I know that it's not. I check my alarm clock like 100 times, and at red lights put my car in first gear over, and over, and over until the light changes.


5) I like to drink, like most people I know, but in particular I love the aesthetic of it. I love the sound of ice being dropped in a cup, the way wine looks in a glass, garnishes on martinis. I love classic cocktails and bartenders that make them well. (Don't get me wrong- I do way more than my share of cheap beer drinking, but I truly love the fancy stuff).


6) I am a caffeine addict. I have tried various methods to rid myself of this habit, but I drink four cups of coffee each morning and usually a diet soda at lunch. I know- it's bad. :(


I'm tagging:













More on the Peruvian food night later...Ugh. I am so tired...6 hours of sleep is not enough for me! Maybe worknight parties are a bad idea...





4 comments:

B. Kramer said...

Thanks for stopping by Team HQ. I'll my reply up later today. Since you seem to be in the right place at the right time, I expect you to send me some Abita beers to win me over.

Marcy said...

I'm so with you on #6. It's useless for me to try and kick the habit.

Thanks for tagging me but I was JUST tagged the other day by 2 other people LOL I did my 6 facts on Thursday :-)

P.O.M. said...

Thanks for taggin' me. I guess I better get to thinking of things.

I'm with ya on the alchohal. I LOVE the fancy stuff (although I have been known to throw back a $6.99 bottle of wine before).

Maggs said...

Thank for tagging me;-) I'll see what I can come up with...i've got a lot of time to think tomorrow!