Thursday, October 9, 2008

How quickly we forget....

that we are sick! So I get home yesterday with every intention of NOT exercising...but I couldn't help it (oops). Not that I'm some die hard fitness buff, just that I am terrified to get behind on my schedule. I am convinced that it will snowball until I am weeks behind, and then I won't be able to finish the marathon. I know this isn't true, it's just my mind's poor prediction of future events.

So I did the five miles anyway. I know, I know....and I felt crappy afterward...of course. But the run was good! Part of why I went was because it was so gorgeous outside, and that made it worth it. No ridiculous sweating, and I actually felt fairly strong. I still haven't gotten back to the really free feeling I used to have; my muscles still feel locked up and stiff somehow. But it's getting there! I think the miles were as follows: 10:03, 9:52, 9:48, 9:27, 9:33. I was really trying the last mile, but apparently it just wasn't enough.

As soon as I finished it seemed the floodgates in my head let loose and I spent the rest of the night (and most of today) trying to not spray the world with snot during one of my million and one sneezes...I know- TMI, but it's true. I feel as though the worst is over (and I'm aware I said this yesterday) and I'm hoping that prepping for my Peruvian food party tonight will keep me too busy to run the 3 on my schedule for today.

Peruvian food? Curious, I know. We are starting Around the World parties at work, and I wanted to be first. My husband is Peruvian, and according to him I do fair renditions of some of the classic dishes. I'll have to post some pictures if any of it comes out good. To anyone who is curious, seek out a Peruvian restaurant in your city...the food is excellent fusion cuisine influenced by the Inca culture as well as waves of immigration from Spain, India, China and Africa. To me it's most reminiscent of blending Thai and Latin flavors. Yummy!

1 comment:

Runner Leana said...

Ohhh, a Peruvian food party sounds like fun. I hope you feel better soon!

Also, I tagged you! If you want to play along check out my blog for the details.