Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What I'm not doing....

is running :( I was supposed to go six at some point over the weekend, but I have just had so many aches, pains, strains and such that I finally decided I needed to get to the bottom of some of the more fixable problems. First- my work shoes. Finally bought a pair of on-your-feet-allday clogs, and things are ALREADY so much better. Amazing what a supportive pair of shoes can do, really.

Second- neck pain. Now I've had this pain on and off for a couple of years now, but running really seems to aggravate it and results in this dull strong ache at the base of my skull. Well, I went to the chiropractor yesterday (for the first time, I might add) and finally discovered that a car accident I was in four years ago actually severely damaged ligaments in my neck! I have lost the natural curvature, and also have a couple of thin discs. This is good, in that I now know what's wrong, but bad in that it won't be 100% fixable and having your head pound up and down on top of damaged ligaments and discs is not good. Regardless, I had my first 'adjustment' yesterday, and aside from scaring the crap out of me (are noises that loud really supposed to come from your bones??) I actually felt some relief. So I have 5 more appts over the next two weeks, and hopefully I'll be back on track.

Needless to say, I am trying the six today, and hopefully will be able to get my act together this week for a 7 miler on Sunday. Probably should space it a little more, but I really don't want to miss any long runs during this process.

On another good note: it's cooling off! I was about to join a gym (and still may) but then the weather turned and it's at least 10 degrees cooler today than it was on Sunday. This (I am imagining) will help me tremendously. That and finally replacing my ipod which I hope to do soon...

The last bad note is my shoes. As much as I've tried to convince myself they fit, they just really don't :( So add another expense onto the list...I will probably stick to the same shoe, just order a bigger size. I'm still planning to use them for now, as I just can't afford it yet, and hopefully I don't do too much damage.

On the last good note: TV is back! I hate to admit to rotting my brain with useless programming, but I have 8 shoes that I like to watch (I know...I shouldn't admit that!) and they are all finally back on the air after summer hiatus, so life is good :)

No comments: