Friday, September 19, 2008

Obsessed with blogs!

So I don't know which I like more- running or reading about other people running. I have become obsessed with running blogs. Specifically Absolut(ly) Fit, Running Duff, and Pieces of Me....me and technology don't mix, or I would have those as active links, but anyway... I have read probably 12 hours of blogs in the last day! I have read nearly all the entries of these three, and a gazillion other random entries from a dozen or so other blogs. Help! I need intervention :) Seriously, though. I am obsessed with the perfect formula, so I read like crazy to figure out exactly what sort of program everyone else follows to make it through a marathon. I need help.

In other news, I ran 2.5 yesterday on what was supposed to be my rest day! No idea of my pace, because the garmin had a low battery (does anyone else deal with this? If it isn't perfectly aligned on the charger it doesn't charge, and even if it does it only holds it a few hours...hope I never want to do an ultra! Hahaha...yeah, right), and I went on a 3 mile loop but stopped and walked the last .5 because my blisters from the day before were acting up. But I was glad I did it anyway. Maybe it counteracts some of the 6 brownies I ate yesterday. These were made with applesauce instead of oil, so in my mind they should only count as four brownies, but whatever. :)

Regardless of whether I counteracted the brownies, I DEFINITELY didn't counteract the two martinis, three beers, and shrimp fajitas I ate after that. Oh yeah, and the ice cream :( That along with not drinking any water, going to bed at 12 and waking up (not on purpose) at 4 has led me to be having a STELLAR day. Yeah. I am SO EXCITED to be at work right now feeling gross and with a headache and knowing that even though I've already worked 5 hours I have 11 more to go. Yay! And I'm even more excited to be contemplating ANOTHER trip to the vending machine, because the doritos I ate this morning while wallowing in self pity aren't cutting it. Even though according to Daily Plate I've already eaten 916 calories today. Double :( !! And even though it's Friday I have the excitement of a shift tonight, two tomorrow and one on Sunday at the restaurant, my SECOND job. But anyway, enough complaining!

What I am looking forward to is reading Twilight this weekend (in my scant free time) and doing a 7 mile run on Sunday. If this goes well I will feel like I can definitely do the 10 mile race on October 11. That's only 22 days away, but I have done a 15k...granted it was in May, but regaining fitness you once had has to be easier than building it from scratch, right?

1 comment:

P.O.M. said...

Welcome to being a blogger yourself. Now people can get obsessed with yours!

Finding the perfect marathon training plan is soooo different for everyone - kinda like shoes and MEN. ha ha. I posted my marathon plan, called ZE PLAN. My second marathon training is SO much easier than the first because I made it fit my lifestyle instead of some old dude I found on the internet. ha ha.

I think the yoga really helps, but that's also a personal thing. I love the heat in Bikram - I usually stay after class and do more stretching that pertains to running.

Good luck. I'm excited to see your progress!