Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A good day

Yesterday was a great day. I think the chiropractor (and the cooler weather) really helped me, and I was finally able to run 6. All negative splits! Embarrassingly slower than I used to run, but hey, I'm just getting back into things...The miles went as follows: 11:28, 11:19, 10:53, 10:29, 10:20, 9:56! I was very happy about that, and even more so about the fact that for the first time in FOREVER my mind was able to wander, I was able to take in the scenery, and think about something (anything!) other than the pain emanating from various parts of my body. My left knee still twinges a little, and so does the right hip, but overall I didn't feel like I was 80! Progress! And I even feel like I will have no trouble running three today, something that has also been plaguing me lately..(back to back running days). Maybe this will be possible after all.

Yesterday was also great because after the run for the first time in ages I felt like I had energy! And optimism! And exclamation points! Haha...but really, my mood and general well being have greatly improved. Now if only I could find a job making more money....hmm...oh well, one step at a time, I suppose.

Lastly the great thing about yesterday was that the internet was working when I got off work. So I was able to catch up on missed episodes of the new season of America's Next Top Model...one of my countless addictions from the idiot box....we all have our vices, no? And I'm reading a great new book, Twilight, which has me hooked and staying up too late for my 7 am work day.

The only downfall now is that I feel like doing a race, and the next one is nearly two weeks out. My last two were cancelled, so I'm really itching to see if I've made any progress. The Crescent City Connection 4 miler fell victim to Hurricane Gustav, and Haulin' Ash 5k to Hurricane Ike. Enough of these storms already...you're messing with my schedule! I wish I could find one for this weekend, but it looks like the Abita Wake Up 5k will be the next, on 9/27. Main good thing about that race is that it's in my town, so for once I don't have to drive an hour to run. The first big one I'm looking forward to is the Manchac 10 mile, on 10/11. I am relieved to finally be able to put in some distance, since the date for that race is creeping closer and I'd been having so much trouble.

I go back to the chiropractor today, and hopefully it will be less scary and just as beneficial!

No comments: