Friday, September 26, 2008

Improving....slowly...

I have thought for awhile now that I wasn't really seeing any progress. Finally, however, I went through the garmin and realized, while it may be slow and steady, that I am gradually getting faster. This is a relief, as I would hate to think I am going to still be this slow with all this running! Yesterday I did four miles, and they were 10:58, 10:39, 10:37, and 10:16. I was happy with this because I hadn't been pushing the pace, and it felt like a relatively moderate intensity run. I suppose I'll really see where I'm at in my 5k tomorrow, but at least no 11s yesterday!

I'm going to try to get in some pilates this afternoon, but it will be during my 30 minute break on my 16 hour day. :( I hate Fridays because everyone else loves them and they are the longest day of my week. Saturdays are tough too, at 12 hours, but at least I only work until 4 on Sunday. Of course after that it's off to my husband's soccer game...unless I get tempted to do my 8 mile on Sunday, haha! Probably not, but each week I tell myself I'm going to.

The weather has been perfect lately, really making me wish I didn't have to work so much....I would way rather be outside! Speaking of which I need to take my camera to the Trace. This is the path I run on, that is many miles long (not sure exactly), and it's beautiful. I have been meaning for awhile to try to document the seasons, and I better hurry, as I've already technically missed summer. It's Louisiana, so it's still really lush back there, so I figure I can pass off a September picture as 'summer' or at least 'late summer'. I also need to start making a list of all wildlife I've seen there. I have it in my head, but want to start keeping track to see how many different animals I see. Yesterday I nearly broke my neck when I jumped about three feet in the air (that's actually high for me!) to avoid a snake! It was a tiny snake, but I could still imagine it would have bit me given the chance :)

Everyone enjoy your weekends and update, please! I have become hooked on about 10 different blogs, and read others sporadically. It took me some time to catch up to the present (I like to start at the beginning), but now I'm all caught up and so disappointed every time I go to check one of my favorites and there's nothing new!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Brooke, I haven't had any problems with the Asics GT-2110s. I'm not very prone to blisters from sneakers though - it's usually just heels or dress shoes that do it to me.