Monday, September 22, 2008

Do people live without avocados??

Today is the first day of fall. Yay! I am so happy fall is here, even if it won't feel like it for another month. I tried to do three miles on Saturday, but it wasn't happening. Normally I have at least a little determination, but this time, no. I went .56 miles and completely quit. Oddly, I was excited to go out....then just lost it. I was already sweating, and it was really humid, and I was really tired from Friday night.

I'm trying to figure out how to reorganize my training schedule; I work 16 hours on Friday, then 12 Saturday and 8 Sunday, so running on the weekend is really draining. Last week I did my long run on Tuesday, which went really well. I think doing the long run midweek will work for now, until it gets up over 10 miles. Then I doubt I will have time, considering M-W I am only off from 3-6, then I head to my other job. Morning runs are out of the question during the week- I start work at 7- and on the weekend I just feel really stiff in the morning. I have found that the last three times I've tried a morning run I've quit. Any suggestions?

The truth probably is that I may have to give up the Saturday double shift as training progresses....I will miss the $$, but may be better for my schedule for a couple months...of course with the holidays coming I will need the money more than ever...hmm....for now I suppose I won't worry about it. Maybe as it gets cooler those morning runs won't be as awful. There is still the issue, however, that I don't get out of work Friday night until 12, and then have to be back Saturday at 10:30 am. So to get in down time, sleep, and a long run would be pretty difficult.

Today I'll either run 7 or do an hour of pilates...we'll see, I haven't decided yet; I'm waiting to see how the weather shapes up. If not today, 7 tomorrow for sure!

I've started using the Daily Plate, and I'm really hoping it will help me get on track with nutrition. So far it turns out I'm good on calories, but high on fat...37 grams! Yikes. I would've estimated about 20. Turns out this is due in large part to my love of avocados and cheese. But I really don't think I could live without this, so I may have to change everything else :)

1 comment:

Runner Leana said...

That sounds like a pretty tough schedule to fit a long run in. Maybe you could rework your running schedule to have your long run sometime during the week when you have more time. There is no reason why your LR has to be on a Saturday or Sunday if that doesn't quite work for you.

As for the avocados, they might be high in fat, but they are actually good for you fats. I wouldn't necessarily cut them out altogether. I hear you on cheese though - I love the stuff, but that really adds up and it isn't quite the heart healthy kind of fat either.