Monday, September 8, 2008

Back from Nashville.....

Finally! We are back from Tennessee. Hurricane Gustav didn't amount to much around here (thankfully!). Lots of trees down, hundreds of thousands without power, but compared to Katrina, Gustav was fortunately not even half the storm. Unfortunately, you just can't predict what it will amount to, so our neighborhood was mandatorily evacuated, and we headed to Nashville.

We had a great time, but we (and our 4 cats!) are glad to be back. Vacations are never good for me for exercise, so I didn't do much but eat and drink and have thus gained three pounds and did not run a day :(

Yesterday I climbed back on the wagon, and it was tough. I went for 5.25 in 90 degree heat, and basically thought I was going to die....but I finished it! I am very much off schedule for my midweek runs, but at least I got in the long run. We'll see if I'm ready for 6 this weekend. It was hard to do 5.25, but I'm hoping after three runs this week, and maybe the possibility of joining the gym before the weekend I can do 6 (in airconditioning!) a little easier than I did 5. I really had planned on two weeks at 5, but missed last week. I brought my running stuff to Nashville, but should have known I was kidding myself. Oh well...back to work.

No comments: