Thursday, November 20, 2008

What I want for Christmas...

So over at the Runners' Lounge this week's question was about what kind of gifts you can get runners. While the possibilities are endless, and there were so many great suggestions, the one thing I really hope to have one day is a t-shirt quilt. I would love this. You can bring it to race starts where it will act as your automatic converstation starter, and it will always remind you of how far you've come. I as of yet don't have enough pretty or interesting shirts, but I'm starting to sort the potentials separate from the others. What I hope to someday have is something like this:What is your ideal running gift?

6 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Personally, right now, I'm favoring the humble, utilitarian knee brace. Possibly because I recently hurt my knee. No, definitely because I hurt my knee. It gives the knee the support it needs for full recovery, plus, in basic black, it has a distinct bondage vibe to it.

I guess I'm a romantic ...

Laura said...

I was REALLY disappointed with the finale last night! I wanted Analeigh to win. I didn't find McKey attractive at all (not even in that "I'm model pretty but not conventionally pretty" way), and I thought Sam was just a mess who should have been gone a long time ago.

The craziest part was the discussion of the runway. I don't know a LOT about modeling, but I thought the two of them were an absolute mess! One thing that really sticks in my mind is when they were praising Sam when she held her skirt out to the sides - I remember noticing that in the show and thinking how awkward and stiff and uncomfortable she looked! Overall, I thought the final runway show was the worst in terms of the girls doing it.

What a disappointment!

X-Country2 said...

I had a couple friend in college do the same thing with random t-shirt they'd acquired in high school and before. It was pretty cool to see summer camp and soccer teams and other things they'd done growing up.

Jess said...

I really want running sunglasses this year. I hope santa brings them for me.

Marcy said...

Oooohhh gosh what don't I want? LMAO! Actually I have just about all the running stuff I need (I just want more of it :P) BUT I'm going to have to go with Jess . . .sunglasses. I don't have those.

Denise said...

What a great idea!!! Nice to know there's some use for all the shirts we get! (besides pjs).