Monday, November 24, 2008

pics and splits

So to recap on the half from Sunday, my chip time was 2:04:30. I had 2:04:28 like this:
1: 8:54
2: 9:02
3: 9:01
4: 9:21
5: 9:08
6: 9:04
7: 9:09
8: 9:08*
9: 9:42
10: 9:31
11: 10:13**
12: 10:00
13: 10:02***
.23: 2:14

* at this point I thought I was behind and kind of quit. Looking now, I realize I was still in it, if only I could have fought for it. But who knows; hindsight is 20/20, right? And the effort seems a lot easier now, of course.

** this was the attempted bathroom break, not only did I not get to go, but I lost .13!
*** I actually made up some time on this mile and was feeling good until I got a killer side cramp and actually walked about .2.

Here is Lauren finishing fast!
And Lauren and I showing off one of the race walker's awards!
This has been plaguing me for a couple of weeks, and I swear it is bigger than it looks ;)

Damn autofocus is trying to focus on Leo (behind my foot), but this was the lovely blood blister I got. How this happened when my shoes are a FULL size too big (not just a half) and I have at least an inch to spare...weird, huh? Super painful too!
In the end it was a good first half. There were about 1,000 participants (about 40% more than expected) and I was 80th out of 200 (according to Lauren...seems a little low for 1,000?) women, and 16/33 in my age group (ha! top 50% at least..) We'll see how things go later this week because my toes are pretty sore....two weeks until the next one!!




15 comments:

joyRuN said...

Lovely pics of the feet, girl! Makes me still wonder how I managed to escape that!

Tutu B. said...

Congrats on your half! That is one goal I am working towards. Hopefully this summer I will accomplish it! You are so inspiring and motivating with your running stories. It make me realize that I can get out there and stay out there, no matter what!

Jess said...

Ack! That blood blister looks gross!

Those are good splits.

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job!! And I LOVE a good "gross foot" photo!!!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Whoa. I'm looking at this at work and a co-worker passed by and he saw that foot foto and now he thinks I have some weird foot fetish because I'm on a site about gross feet.

Thanks! I didn't like that guy anyway and now I just have to glance down at his shoes to get him to scurry away saying, "Just remembered! There's something I gotta do ..."

Kelly said...

Nice feet. I did not hate the main characters as much as I thought, I did think that Edward had kind of a Jay Leno thing going on (kind of a moon face). I liked Jasper, I thought he was cute. Maybe I need to reread the books though, maybe it's been too long since I've read the description of him. I didn't really care for Rosalie either.

Denise said...

Ouch!! Toe looks painful!! I love that we share this stuff w/ complete strangers!

Lauren said...

I'm surprised your camera even got a photo of me because I'm so super fast! It must have a quick shutter time. :)

Gross! You got the blood blister during the race! How is that possible? Maybe your shoes are too big.

Aron said...

every single half i have done my garmin has said at least 13.2... something with the weaving i guess?? its annoying!

that is EXACTLY where i get my arch blisters!! i havent had a bad one in a long time though, have you tried wright socks?? they have worked wonders for me!

X-Country2 said...

Eek! Your poor feet really did take a beating. It makes you a legit runner though. :o)

Charisa said...

Congrats!!! Painful feet pics though!

B. Kramer said...

I'm glad your camera spared us the shot of your toe-jam.

Congrats on your half, even if it wasn't quite what you hoped. You did great.

Have a good Thanksgiving! Cheers!

Unknown said...

hey hon! we ran about the same time! crazy. great job.

Marcy said...

Ooooooooo girl that blister looks so nas-tay! OMG OUCCCCCHHH!

Frayed Laces said...

Wow way to go on your race! And embrace those blisters with pride! They mean you're a hardcore runner!