Monday, November 3, 2008

OMG..holy soreness!

So my 12 miles went good yesterday, but then I had to head to work and run around for 4 hours...bad idea! Most of us wear non-slip nurse clogs at the restaurant (for comfort and tread) when on your feet all day, and while they are comfortable standing still they KILL when you have to run around. Mostly I think because the sizing is a little off and they are a little big on everyone, so you have to sort of clench your toes to keep them on. So by the time I got home my shins and the tops of my feet were killing me. Does this indicate I had some poor form in the end of my run? I've never had shin pain before...



And then this morning my calfs are aching. I'm actually walking kinda funny, it's embarassing :) So luckily my schedule this week is only 3 tomorrow, 6 Wednesday, 3 Thursday, and 9 on Saturday. We'll have to see how the 9 goes Saturday...there is a 5k I was considering in New Orleans (45 minute drive across the bridge), and then I'm going tailgating for the LSU game, so I'm not sure I'll squeeze it all in.



One thing that I will stay on track with this week is nutrition. My 21 day Habit Challenge took a nose dive after two birthdays, two Halloween parties, and a marathon eating day yesterday after my run :(



So this is nose to the grindstone week food wise. No cheating until Saturday. Anyone have any healthy-but-yummy recipes?

6 comments:

Jess said...

I would guess your shin pain is from those shoes you wore to work, not from the running (if you're properly shoed up for that).

Denise said...

I thought about doing the NO full marathon but decided to do the half instead. 1) I'm running a marathon this month and didn't want to over due it and 2) I want to be able to party and not lose 2 days to running!!!

Aron said...

lately i have found that a hot bath (or a hot tub if you are lucky to have one) really helps with muscles soreness/aches. other pains that arent just aches i ice away.

Mark Newman said...

I'm not sure it qualifies but peanut butter mashed potatoes was my favorite NYC Marathon training food. :)

Charisa said...

ICE always makes my legs feel better! Congrats on your hard work in training - it will pay off!

P.O.M. said...

I'm going with the SHOES as the culprit of the foot/shin pain. I also think it takes our bodies a bit of time to get used to running longer distances.

You're doing great.