Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Until Next Year!

Well folks, I have been completely swamped the last week, and there is no end in sight. I have been an absentee commenter and blogger, and it looks like that's going to continue for the next week. Our flight to NH is tomorrow at 10 am. I have a very slight hope to get a run in before we leave, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that that's not going to happen. We get in at 4 and it will be Christmas festivities for the next two days, lot's of family and friends and even a wedding!

Now I am dutifully bringing my running shoes and clothes even though chances are they will remain right in my suitcase until I get home. At the very least I will be very rested by next week! If the weather breaks 40 degrees I will try to get out there, and hopefully not break my neck on the ice.

Regardless of whether or not I get in any running it should be a good five days with family and friends, and we will be back next Monday. Our internet connection at home is spotty at best, however, so there is a good chance you all won't hear from me until Monday, January 5th. Hopefully I can come back telling you that I have got in two long runs and am feeling confident for the marathon!

Everyone have a fantastic holiday and wonderful New Year! I am sure my Google Reader will be even more overwhelming than it is right now, so chances are I may make a fresh start with the new year and Mark All as Read. But not to worry- I will start right back up on all of your fabulous blogs on January 5!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Have a safe, happy holiday!

Allie said...

Good Luck with fitting the running in! But remember, this is also a time of year to enjoy, relax and celebrate! Do the runs when can and enjoy them! Happy Holidays and safe traveling!

X-Country2 said...

Travel safe!

Maggs said...

Have a safe trip.

joyRuN said...

Have a great time & safe travels!

As for nursing - I really do enjoy it. But not everyone does - I have co-workers who say that becoming a nurse was a mistake for them. Me - I actually left the bedside for a couple of years to join corporate America, & found myself missing being a nurse. So I'm back. It's sometimes thankless & oftentimes unglamorous, but I'm fortunate that I like what I do.

Laura said...

Happy holidays! Hope your trip is fun and look forward to hearing from you in the new year :)

Marcy said...

Don't sweat it chica. I think we've all been MIA from blogging ;-)