Thursday, December 11, 2008

OMG they weren't lying!!!


Seriously. It was 75 two days ago!!! According to my friend, a native southeastern Louisianian, it has only snowed 5 times in the 40 years of her life! And never like this. The first picture was from a couple of hours ago too, and it has been snowing steadily since. If I wasn't too broke to pay the charge to send pictures from my phone to email I would've done a bunch more. We had tornado warnings two days ago because it was so hot, now this! Is the world coming to an end or what?
It is so exciting though! Schools are closing and everyone is going nuts! As a native New Englander I find it hilarious. There were so many accidents on the way to work, and it was only sleeting then! But yay! It feels like Christmas now.

12 comments:

C said...

Wow! I think that is a sign of the apocalypse.

As a fellow New Englander, I share your humor over people not being able to handle snow. I went to college in DC and the city would shut down with only a half an inch on the ground. Wimps. ;)

No Longer Using said...

is that a real snowman?!?! omg that is hilarious about the schools closing. so pretty tho!!!

Allie said...

My dad is in Texas (we are from Central Illinois) and he said there was snow on the ground and the people were going nuts! It is funny.

Cute snowman!!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Pfftt! You obviously faked these photos! It don't snow down there in the Big Sleazy!

There's a guy at the library here in mid-Joisey who's originally from upstate NY, and he gets p*ssed at how poorly we deal with snow. Where he comes from, a foot of snow is a flurry. If you believe him.

WHICH I DON'T!

You and Lauren are punking us, aren't you?

Kelly said...

How fun. I can't believe you had enough snow to make a snowman! That's crazy.

Denise said...

Fun!! Enjoy it. Snow definitely makes it feel more like the holidays.

Aron said...

ohhh that is SO fun!!! have fun in the snow :)

Jess said...

I was just reading this in the news online! Amazing.

joyRuN said...

That's the cutest snowman!

We're a little shizophrenic in southern NJ about the snow. We'll shut anything & everything down, then brag about how well-prepared the NJDOT is.

RunToTheFinish said...

you can have some of my snow from KS any time, seriously i wont' even make you pay for it...in fact I would pay you to take it

X-Country2 said...

I love how you're out there in like a sweater and jeans. I can only imagine the "cold-weather" freaking everyone else did. Be careful among all those crazies.

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

cute pics love the blog!