Friday, December 5, 2008

So 5 miles didn't happen...

I didn't run a minute yesterday :( What I failed to mention (besides in a comment on Viper's page) was that I was desperately hung over yesterday (yep, on a weekday!), and ready to die. Really.

I got home and the rain had stopped, but not the pure hatred of my body for me. I actually think I might also have had some minor stomach bug (I know- excuses!), because it just seems weird. I DID drink a whole bottle of wine, but (as much as I would like to) I can't say that's never happened before, and I've NEVER been that ill. Am I just getting old? I went through extreme intestinal distress all day, periodically feeling like I was either going to throw up or faint. This odd thing happens whenever I drink to much and don't sleep enough where I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack...does that happen to any of you? (Just say yes so I don't freak out...). Seriously though..it's so weird. I will feel like my heart is all irregular, skipping beats, racing...for the whole day after a night of too much partaking.

So I got home, tried pathetically to straighten the house for a cookie decorating get together I'm having today, and then collapsed in bed to rest an hour before heading to work. And right then someone called from work who was trying to pick up a shift!! Amazing, huh? So I gave it away and instantly felt better. Later I was able to make the dough for the party, clean and mop the floors, and watch Survivor while cursing at the TV that the contestants are always so stupid! Hello, vote out Sugar you idiots!! You know she has an idol and wouldn't be expecting it now! Anywaaayyy....then I made the 'baked Christmas' (the flour/salt dough you make ornaments with) so we can paint cookies that will inevitably not be as good as the ones we made in third grade.

So it ended up being a productive night. And I even got everything washed for my half marathon tomorrow. Which, hopefully, I won't be hung over for. I told myself 1 glass of wine only!! (To say I'm not going to drink anything at my own party would just be a lie). But to get to why I drank the whole bottle the other night....have I ever mentioned how much I love Christmas?

Didn't think so! Well I am OBSESSED with it. LOVE it. Always have. The hustle and bustle, the crowds, the STRESS, the gift buying, the food, music, parties, decorations, the SPIRIT. My future children will have the best Christmases and it won't be because of the presents they get. My parents were really great about making Christmas so special when we were kids.

So in my excitement for the season, I was going through my Christmas cookbooks and magazines, drinking wine and eating cheese and losing track of time. And due to the volume of Christmas books I have, it took a lot of wine to get through it all. So that's my excuse.

While NOT DRINKING WINE last night I spent a frustrated hour trying to put my pictures from Thanksgiving up here....alas stealing internet means you can rarely do things online that require a strong connection. Putting up images (or streaming video) is something I can rarely accomplish at home. So you will all have to wait to see my Christmas tree :( I'm sure you are so sad! ;)

7 comments:

Denise said...

I'll admit to not only having drank a bottle of wine by myself (it IS really easy) but to feeling that way with my heart, too. It stinks. But I'm with you..I loooove my wine!

Unknown said...

Ugh, I hate that "heart attack" feeling, the anxiety/wierd flutters, it's terrible! And 1 bottle is really not THAT much, it's only 2 full glasses (if you have really big glasses:))

Marcy said...

I can't say that's ever happened to me. But I don't drink like I used too (yeah, yeah, yeah responsible parenting nonsense). Chances are it probably has and I just don't remember :P

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

What I failed to mention (besides in a comment on Viper's page) was that I was desperately hung over yesterday ... and ready to die.

Well, Viper's blog is where all hungover primates go to die. Except Viper himself, despite certain promises.

Good thing you didn't let slip WHO got voted off last night because I TiVo'd Survivor and haven't seen it yet. But it wasn't Sugar. Good. She's hot.

My advice: Switch to beer. I never get that heart attack feeling and I finish MULTIPLE bottles of beer every night.

X-Country2 said...

Grown-up hangovers really are the worst, aren't they? Run totally excused.

Good luck with your race this weekend!

Aron said...

GAH hangovers are so much worse now than they used to be... and i dont even drink as much!

i LOVE christmas too!!! tree is up, lights are on the house, party is next weekend!!! (we have a xmas cocktail party every year... yayyy cant wait!)

joyRuN said...

A whole bottle of wine. You just made a whole bunch of running bloggers out there swoon in love (they know who they all are!).

Enjoy the party, & good luck tomorrow!!