Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Playlist

Ok, so I have most things set and ready to go for marathon morning. I have to pick up some gels and new socks on Saturday, but that's pretty much it. Last night I sat down and got rid of all the songs on my ipod that I always skip while running. Here is what was left:

Womanizer- Britney Spears, Whine Up- Kat Deluna, When I Grow Up- Pussy Cat Dolls, Whatever You Like- T. I., What Them Girls Like- Ludacris, What's My Age Again- Blink 182, Welcome To The Jungle- Guns n Roses, The Way I Are- Timberland, Waiting For My Ruca- Sublime, Umbrella- Rhianna, Touch My Body- Mariah Carey, That Was a Crazy Game of Poker- Of a Revolution, Temperature- Sean Paul, Sweetest Girl- Wyclef, Sugar, We're Going Down- Fallout Boy, Stronger- Kanye West, SOS- Rhianna, Somebody Told Me- The Killers, Sober- Pink, Smack My Bitch Up- The Prodigy, Shut Up and Let Me Go- Ting Tings, Shake It- Metro Station, Shake- Ying Yang Twins, Roots in Stereo- P. O. D., Pump It- Black Eyed Peas, Perfect Exceeder- Mason, Paper Planes- M.I.A., Mr. Brightside- The Killers, Move This- Technotronic, Me Gustas Tu- Manu Chao, Lose Yourself- Eminem, Lollipop- Three 6 Mafia, Live Your Life- T. I., Leavin'- Jesse McCartney, King of the Bongo- Manu Chao, Just Dance- Lady Ga Ga, Independent- Little Boosie, In the Ayer- Flo-Rida, I See You Baby- Groove Amanda, I Need a Dime- Mike Jones, Head Sprung- LL Cool J, Gold Digger- Kanye West, Glamorous- Fergie, Gimme More- Britney Spears, Get Up-Technotronic, Get It Together- Beastie Boys, Free Fallin'- Tom Petty, Fat Lip- Sum 41, Everlong- Foo Fighters, EI- Nelly, East Coast Anthem- Good Charlotte, Disturbia- Rhianna, Dirt Off My Shoulder- Jay Z, Debaser- Pixies, Clumsy- Fergie, Click My Fingers- Erupt, Clandestino- Manu Chao, Circus- Britney Spears, Carinosa- Jandy Feliz, Can I Get A.. - Jay Z, Bust It Baby- Plies, Breathe- Prodigy, The Anthem- Good Charlotte.

So there it is- 4 hours and 40 minutes (don't want to give myself TOO much time! :) of music. A very strange list, I know. (I also know my music tastes tend toward those of a 15 year old rather than someone who's almost 32, but what are you gonna do?). Somehow even with my editing I have a few that I'm a little tired of and could replace. Anyone have any faves right now that I should consider adding in?

12 comments:

Nitmos said...

Good Luck this weekend! Have a great race.

Nitmos said...

By the way, good to see someone is keeping The Pixies on their playlist. An underappreciated group.

No Longer Using said...

awesome!!! cuz i'm freeeeeeeeeeeee.. free falling!!! heh.

Marcy said...

Good list chica! I might borrow some of these ;-)

Run Mommy said...

Just came across your blog. Great playlist (I am 35 and love the Pixies too :) Good luck this weekend!

Aron said...

awesome list!!!! you are going to do great :)

all my favs are off the twilight soundtrack right now :)

Lauren said...

I'm going to add Mardi Gras mambo and Iko Iko Ine (sp?) at the beginning, maybe waiting for the race to start, to get me in the Mardi Gras spirit. They might be playing those anyway, though.

Other than that, the Foo Fighters new album is pretty good. I also like to have Beastie Boys-Fight for your Right near the end. It reminds me beer is only a short ways away.

Kelly said...

Hmm heartless, MIA, and Circus those were my new songs I'm loving. I guess I always like Rufus Wainwright but he's more mellow and I really like him cause my mom did...anyways it's easy to run to him. ohh Aron said the Twilight soundtrack, I'd have to agree!

Unknown said...

That is an awesome playlist. I have lots of those songs already, but as I was reading I kept thinking of ones to add. I think I'll print your post out and highlight them. Thanks!

Denise said...

Good luck this wknd!! Maybe I'll see you!! I won't be running w/ music...I got used to doing my outdoor runs without it.

X-Country2 said...

I can't believe it's getting so close! Love the play list. My shuffle must have played "Dangerous" a million times during the race. It's become my Marathon song and makes me smile every time I hear it.

Good luck in the home stretch.

P.O.M. said...

Definately some dope music. Word!

Good luck on your race!!!