Tuesday, August 19, 2008

When does summer end again?

Okay, so yesterday was supposedly Day 1 of getting back on fitness wagon....hmm....getting on any sort of motorized transportation would have been nice, it was so damn hot! I went out to repeat my Saturday route; it is a flat 3 mile loop through my neighborhood and part of the trace (paved running/biking route through several towns in this part of Louisiana), and needless to say it was MUCH more difficult this time in 90+ degree heat and sun compared to Saturday's 75 degrees and rain. Basically I thought I might keel over and realized just how out of shape I am :( Though I do give myself the excuse that I always prefer exercising in the morning (yesterday was afternoon), and at least I can still MOSTLY do it...I actually only ran the first 2.5, I seriously thought I might faint. So it was a very SLOW 26:31 for 2.5 miles...again, definitely not my best day, but only room for improvement from here, right? On a positive- I must say that tech fabric shirts DO make a difference! I got one from the last race I did, but rarely wear it as it's short sleeved and I prefer tank tops, but it really does wick the heat away from you and did (at least at first) help me stay cooler.

Last night turned into a Bad Day in terms of eating....here I am trying to get healthy and I ate half a cheesecake. Yep, you read that right- HALF. Oh well. All that means is now it's almost gone so hopefully I won't be tempted by it again! Today will also not be great as I am meeting Lauren, (marathon partner) not for training but rather more eating and drinking.....small steps I suppose....I'll get there eventually! So today I'll be lucky if I pull off a quick pilates video?

No comments: