Friday, August 22, 2008

The bright side....or should I say the hot side?

Wow. Yesterday wasn't good, but looking up the hour by hour temps for yesterday in Abita now I know why- it was 97 degrees!!! Knowing that I actually don't feel as bad about my three mile run taking 34:10....Man no wonder I ALMOST DIED when I finished...I went in the house and seriously nearly collapsed! Even though it was such a short workout I don't think I recovered for about an hour afterwards....in air conditioning.

In realizing this I looked into a couple of the other days this week and realized I was underestimating temps by 5 degrees or more...which is actually good- should mean that as September brings some cooler weather I will greatly improve. I am actually surprised I am able to run at all in 97 degree weather...

So yeah, 34:10 (11:39, 11:41, 10:50). A step back time-wise, but still felt good, even though I was drowning in sweat :-) This is something I really hope continues. I am really curious with this week's times how I'll do on Sunday. I had been hoping for a sub-30 minute time, but now I'm not so sure....of course last Saturday it was rainy (as it will be on Sunday) and I was able to do 30:27 even though it was my first run in months, so who knows? It's early, too, which should help. I 've always done better running early. I'm hoping that by the 9/27 5k I will be able to match my previous times, somewhere in the 27 minute range, but that may be wishful thinking...the spring is much cooler (and less humid) than the fall, and at that point I had been running 3-4 times a week for months...we'll see, I guess.

In other news I figured out how to link my training log to this site! Yay for me! Computer stuff is really not up my alley, so this is actually an accomplishment. Now if only I could link my schedule....I would love to get feedback as I've tweaked it a little...sort of combined what about 5 different sites reccommend, and reorganized around races I wanted to do. In time, I suppose.

Later last night I met Lauren (marathon partner), and while we talked alot about running, we each put away a bunch of buffalo tenders and queso dip :( The nutrition aspect is something I definitely have to work on...

No comments: