Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I love/hate Ana Caban

So yesterday was going to be a rest day (I know- in my oh-so-intense workout schedule!) but I decided to at least go ahead and do a 25 minute pilates tape. Now I have loved pilates for years, and have been partial to tapes/discs by Ana Caban, but man can I not stand her voice and silly phrases. I have a couple different DVDs of hers, and of course she uses the same annoying analogies in each one (be long like a noodle!... imagine you are using an ice cream scoop...scoop out the abdominals...). But I've tried other instructional pilates mat workouts and don't like them as much....so obviously there's something I like about her! So even though it wasn't much of a workout, it did give me some very necessary stretching...I get so locked up I can't even turn my head to look over the backseat when I'm in reverse! So hopefully incorporating this regularly will really help.

I've also started a training log that I discovered on Runner Leana's (another fitness blogger) page. I started reading her page before the Minnie Marathon, and man does that girl work out! Anyhow, she has a link to a training log on buckeyeoutdoors which I have yet to figure out how to link here....I am so technologically incompetent it isn't even funny. I imagine my sister can help me figure it out, but we'll see. Anyway- I started the training log and that's a really good place for recording my daily workouts. I still need to figure out if I can link my garmin info here, but one step at a time, one step at a time.

Yesterday I picked up Hal Higdon's Marathon, a wonderful and motivating book about the process of deciding to enter, training for, and eventually running (or should we say jogging?) a marathon. I have read almost 25% already, and find it very inspiring. I am also less apprehensive, having read the many tips and words of wisdom he collected from others regarding running their first marathon. I can do this, I know it!

1 comment:

FuManchShoes said...

Damn you, because if i start reading your blog all the time I might actually feel guilty enough that I start doing more exercise than just lifting a fork to my mouth. Haha.

My friend Diana had never even so much as jogged a single step in her life at age 30, went out and bought that Marathon book you're reading and ran the AIDS Marathon in New Orleans like 8 months later. That book is the best, from what I hear.