Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Off the running (and blogging) wagon :(

Sadly with all my new plans and new motivation I have only run twice since the marathon :( I planned to go today, but have a horrid sore throat. I swear I swear I swear I am getting started on a new plan in April. But to avoid hating myself I am just going to admit that for the next 3 or 4 weeks I probably won't be very focused. I am really busy, for one, and also really poor...that might not make sense, but for me races are 90% of my motivation. If I can't afford to enter them I have little desire to train midweek....

I know, crappy excuses, but I swear, I'll be back! And really soon...bikini season is coming, after all!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the lack of motivation, I'm sure that comes after a big race. And about the money, would a small small 5K be motivation enough? At least here in Omaha you can enter some of those for five bucks.

Aron said...

hang in there girl... it happens esp after a big race like a marathon!!! you will find your motivation, but sometimes we just need to take the pressure off ourselves to find it. good luck with your busy weeks ahead!

Jess said...

You'll get back to it in no time, don't worry! Soemtimes a break is necessary.

No Longer Using said...

hopefully it is a good busy!!!! not to worry, hope you find some time to relax, too.

X-Country2 said...

You put in a lot of work for the marathon. Life was really on hold for a while, so don't beat yourself up that you're having to catch up.

Razz said...

*raises glass* I hear ya! We should start a club.

Nikemom said...

Hang in there chica! Run for fun and stop being so busy already. :D

Maggs said...

Hope you feel better soon. You'll find some motivation!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your break, I'm sure you'll be back at it in no time.

FuManchShoes said...

Did you get my email about October's marine corps marathon in DC?

Anonymous said...

New reader...AH! Bikini season! I need to up my ab routine! ;)

~carpeviam